Barron Associates is an award-winning pioneer in the emerging field of Video Game Therapy. Video games have enormous potential for increasing patient engagement during rehabilitation, encouraging adherence to treatment regimens, and providing patients with convenient tools for conducting therapy in their own home. Barron Associates’ development goes beyond off-the-shelf games by generating game elements that are targeted to the specific therapeutic goal.
We are seeking highly motivated software developers who are interested in being part of leading edge research and development programs that include application of modern game technologies to biomedical applications. These challenging positions will include involvement in projects for medical therapies, assistive technologies for the handicapped, the NASA human spaceflight program, and aerospace simulation software.
The ideal candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- C#, C++, and/or Java programming
- Unity game engine
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Agile development
- OOP and design patterns
- Development for PC/Windows and mobile platforms (OS and/or Android)
Job responsibilities will include:
- Working with a world-class, multi-disciplinary team of programmers, engineers, designers, and research scientists developing new products using Agile methods
- Providing innovative solutions to complex requirements
- Developing well-designed and well-structured code
- Collaborating with team members using tools such as JIRA, Confluence, GitHub, and Slack
- Supporting one or more program managers in diverse application domains
Applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Game Programming, or a related field. All experience levels will be considered. Must be able to work on ITAR-controlled projects; capability to obtain a U.S. security clearance is preferred.